Short post for today [I’m with my sisters, enjoying the above view]…I want to introduce you to one of my personal favorite instances of skilled musicianship.
This song is so good, on so many levels. Give it a listen here.
By David Phelps, lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
A handful of dust a worthless piece of clay / And you breathed the breath of heaven / Then there was a soul / The heart, the hands, the voice that could sing of your perfection
Life is a symphony that only you can play / You know I can hear it through the madness everyday
Virtuoso / This heart is your instrument / This life is your song / Virtuoso
There isn’t a note of mediocrity / In all of your creation and all the beauty / We create with human hands is only imitation / Thunder crashes, waves crescendo on the sand / The wind that’s whispering can only be your hand
A timeless melody of beauty and emotion / Perfect harmony inspiring true devotion / No one else can play it’s chords so graceful yet so strong / You made the instrument and wrote the song / Virtuoso
This heart is your instrument
This life is your song
[You are] Virtuoso
It’s Friiiiiday, I’m in love! (The Cure song reference, in case you wondered.) We’re packing up the car for a weekend getaway! — looking forward to some good old-fashioned family time, camping with my in-laws this weekend.
Caleb and I (and the rest of his family) are “real” campers, as we like to call ourselves — as in, when we say we’re going camping, we mean we’re going to be sleeping in a TENT, and making ALL our food over an open fire. Getting back to the basics and connecting with nature, baby!
Here are some of our favorites, that we won’t leave for a campground without.
- Trash bag holder — such a brilliant invention! Beats trying to tie a garbage bag to a tree branch or having it on the ground in a heap, by a long shot.
- Empty laundry detergent bottle upcycled into a hand-washing station — inspired by this pin a long time ago…fill it with water and set it on a rock or an end of the picnic table with a bottle of hand soap and towel close by, and this obsessive hand-washer (ahem) is a happy camper.
- My homemade all-natural bug spray (recipe here) is an obvious must-have!
- These citronella candles not only help to keep the bugs at bay, but also add to the campsite aesthetic and ambiance.
- This super cheap hammock from Target (online only) might be my favorite purchase of the YEAR. What’s camping without a good hammock, anyhow?
- Our trusty double sleeping bag makes the nighttime cozy!
- My [awesome] eye mask from AllNaturalSleepShop…because when I’m on vacation, I want to sleeeeeeep in and early morning light in the tent is not so conducive to that. 😉
- Nutella, because s’mores…enough said.
- This flashlight is TOP of the line as far as flashlights are concerned. A bit pricey maybe, but you’ll never buy another — and yes, that’s pretty much a personal guarantee. We give these as gifts sometimes because they are SO good.
If you’re a camper, what are some of the things YOU have to take with you? I’d love to hear about your tried-and-true favorites!