It’s been about three years since I did a “goodie” post, but it’s time to bring this series back…what do you think?
Today’s rendition has a decidedly “toddler bedtime” theme. 😉
- Next to our Solly baby wraps (a necessity), my favorite of all the baby items we’ve bought or been given has probably been our Oliver Mouse “doll” from Hazel Village (not a necessity, perhaps, but really…every baby needs a “lovie” of some kind, right?) Oliver was a gift from Auntie Mindy and was definitely the sweetest thing we used to decorate his room as we prepared for his arrival. Arlo has slept with Oliver nearly every night of his life so far and “Oliver misses you” is currently working as an excuse to get him into bed at night, so we’ll definitely enjoy that while it lasts! I often say that Hazel Village is the BEST children’s brand out there. Not only do they have a fantastic product, but their branding is charming and creative and we occasionally get fun little surprises in the mail from them!
- Arlo has been obsessed with tents and caves the last while, so Auntie Krista’s gift to him for his 2nd birthday could not have been more fitting: a tent and sleeping bag just for Oliver Mouse. They’re from Maileg, a shop with the most darling and surprisingly affordable mice dolls and all the accessories you could possibly wish for. (This little suitcase is on our wishlist to store Oliver’s extra clothes and accessories!)
- I’m sure I’m not the only mom out there who can’t hack all the character/logo/bright color/crazy print clothing options for littles…that’s why I LOVE Primary! The ivory zip-up footed pajamas Arlo is wearing in these photos are from there, and our other favorite colors are black, slate grey, and olive green. We’ve tried their onesies, tees, and swimming shorts in addition to the pajamas, and they are great quality!
- When the cheap jersey-knit crib sheets we started out with started to acquire holes, I decided to try linen bedding for Arlo’s toddler bed. Linen bedding is a growing trend and there are a bunch of options out there now, but I wanted to purchase from a small shop and found Kingdom of Comfort on Etsy. We’ve since purchased king size bedding for our own bed in addition to crib sheets, and have been very happy with them!
- Arlo’s uncle Conrad built his toddler bed, complete with the F monogram for Fisher. It’ll be a family heirloom for sure! He gifted it to us when Arlo was still in the womb and I totally shed happy tears.
What’s the best gift YOUR child has ever been given?
- My sister Krista gave me this gorgeous, ultra-cozy scarf for my birthday and I am loving it for the cold weather!
- I recently invested in a Dew Drop style diffuser from Young Living, and think it’s so much more classy-looking than my Tulip style Home Diffuser.
- Totally obsessed with the SPROUT Pregnancy app. I have about eight different ones on my phone right now, but this is by far my favorite! You can even hear a heartbeat.
- I just rediscovered Usborne Books, a home party company that was popular when I was little. I adore the books about Pipkin the inquisitive penguin, especially the one pictured above!
- Another current obession? These Tootsie Rolls. Why are they so delicious?!
- Caleb and I spent a little time at the mall on my birthday and discovered for the first time LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics. If you have a store near you, you’ve got to check it out! Such a cool place. Caleb is especially loving his new mustache wax and deodorant block, pictured above.
What are you obsessing over this month?
- My friend Rebekah introduced me to Canva the other week, and I can’t stop obsessing over it! My graphic design world just exploded.
- A while ago when dishwashing detergent was on my Target shopping list, I checked Cartwheel for any discounts, as I always do. As fate would have it, Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap in Radish scent popped up on the screen. Although I’d never have picked radish from the sound of it, I discovered that it’s my favorite soap scent ever.
- Decorating for fall can be so effortless, and straight-from-nature décor is my favorite. There’s a pumpkin wagon near my home that sells all the pumpkins, gourds, and Indian corn you could want for super cheap, and though we have no flower beds on our property and the pickings are limited here, I’ve gotten delightful armfuls of bittersweet berries and rosehip branches from friends this season.
- I’ve tried different concealers over the years and most recently had been going without since my foundation covers so well by itself, but I decided to give Stowaway a try, and seriously, their concealer is amazing. If you need a new one, I highly recommend theirs.
- Another thing I’ve been shopping around for and experiementing with has been facial cleanser. This month I decided to try this one from Young Living with my Essential Rewards points, and it really is fabulous. It’s pricey, but such a small amount is needed each time that I know it’s going to last me for months upon months.
- When we purchased my new iPhone last month, our mobile provider offered us such a great deal on an iPad Mini that we couldn’t pass it up. I searched high and low for the perfect classy-looking protectant case for it that would also hold it up for our Sunday afternoon Netflix binge-watching, and couldn’t be more pleased with this one that I finally found on Amazon.
- As far as wardrobe accessories go, this hat has been on my head almost more than on the rack this season. It goes with everything!
- I grew up with apple cider as a household staple since my dad grows his own apples and makes his own cider, but I’m falling in love with the stuff all over again this fall. Nothing like a steaming hot mug to warm a body up from head to toe!
- I’ve got chronically dry skin (well, except for my face, which obviously is hogging all the oil from the rest of my body) and as soon as the weather turns cool each year my knuckles crack and bleed if I’m not careful. Last year I discovered my magic solution: pure lanolin. It doesn’t smell so pretty, but I wear it at night with gloves on and wake up in brand-new skin. (Did you know they make touch-screen-compatible gloves these days? Yeah, pretty swell.)
- Favorite food this month? If you’ve spent any time in my home lately, you know I can’t get over these beef brats from Johnsonville. Oh, and they go quite well with the apple cider.
- And for aromatherapy currently, the blue ribbon goes to Young Living’s new Light the Fire essential oil blend. It’s the perfect alternative to those fall candles, if you’re wary of what’s in them.
What are you loving right now? If there’s a product you can’t stop raving about, do tell!
- Our grey Southwest blanket from Sackcloth & Ashes is probably one of my favorite purchases of all time. Such a beautiful + practical + worthy investment. I love this company’s vision. And their Insta is well worth a follow — such gorgeous images!
- Now that I’m down to only one day a week of working away from home, I get to indulge in the [occasional] luxury of sleeping IN — and this lovely organic linen sleep mask from All Natural Sleep Shop on Etsy is highly conducive to just that.
- I’m a sucker for fall candles, and Bath & Body Works’ Leaves scent is my all-time favorite. What’s more delightful than lighting candles and curling up in a cozy throw blanket to watch an autumn sunset through the window after a productive day of work?
- Husband and I both came down with colds last week, so Young Living’s Thieves blend has been a constant in the diffuser around here. I love how the scent alone seems to help provide relief from the congestion and dripping.
- Someone told me about Living Clay’s Cleansing Clay Mask in response to my beauty routine post, and I finally got around to trying it. This stuff does not disappoint! Love the feeling of clarity a good healthy mask brings after a day of hard work.
- In case you don’t know about Zenni Optical yet, I’m here to tell you how awesome it is to be able to get prescription glasses for so much less than buying from your eye doctor. I paid less than $20 including shipping for mine over a year ago and though I only wear them to give my eyes an occasional break from contacts, they have served me well.
- I only learned to know Jen Hatmaker this summer and this is the first book of hers I’ve read, but Caleb and I are both loving 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess. If you’re a reader in the least, this needs to be on your to-read list.
- Apples + caramel are our go-to snack this season! But I want to try my hand at making a healthier, homemade caramel dip. Anyone have a good recipe to share?
- The owner of my favorite local nail salon talked me into trying this hand salve from Sparitual last winter and there truly is none like it. My hands dry out to the point where my knuckles crack and bleed in cold weather, and as the temperatures began to drop this week, I pulled this out to keep close at hand again.
- My Pandora charm bracelet is hands down one of my favorite gifts ever. My best friend gave me the bracelet and lovebirds charm as a wedding gift, and she and my husband have both contributed to it since. The memories each charm represents are deeply precious to me and it’s one of my most prized possessions.
- I’ve replaced my cheap canvas shoes from my summer capsule wardrobe with these Keds and they might be my favorite fall capsule purchase so far. Versatile + comfy = an easy win, in my book.
What have you been loving this month? I’d love to hear about some of your recent discoveries and/or current favorites!