So, I’ve been hearing snatches here and there of ways you’ve been inspired recently to pare down your wardrobe/put together a capsule/otherwise be more intentional about how you shop and dress. Now I want to give you a chance to tell the rest of us about it!
I’m asking for R E A D E R S U B M I S S I O N S including a paragraph with or without photos describing any changes you may have made to the way you think about or implement your wardrobe. If you’ve put together a capsule containing a specific number of pieces, whether that’s 37 or your own ideal figure, that’s awesome. I’d love to hear about it and even see a glimpse or so at it, if possible. Or, if you haven’t taken the capsule wardrobe plunge, but found yourself motivated to clean out your closet or reevaluate your style, that totally works too.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- before & after pictures of your closet
- the number of pieces you started with and the number left after a purge
- how capsule wardrobe has made your life better or easier
- what inspired you to try a capsule wardrobe
- the set of rules you’ve come up with to make capsule wardrobe work for you personally
- what you’ve learned about your style
- photos of just your favorite pieces or a snapshot of your whole closet
- smart storage solutions for your clothing/accessories
- a photo or photos of yourself wearing some of your favorite capsule combinations
- a screenshot of your Stylebook closet
I’m leaving this pretty open-ended:
- what you show or tell us about can be from any season
- it can be from a while ago or you something you haven’t even started yet
- it doesn’t matter whether you first heard about capsule wardrobe or were inspired to clean out your closet by this blog or elsewhere
- you can choose whether or not you want me to reveal your identity when publishing
The only rules are as follows:
- Submissions must be sent to email@example.com
- All submissions must be received by Monday, November 16
- You must own the rights to any images submitted (photos should be taken by you yourself, or a friend)
Your show & tells will be featured here on the blog sometime after November 16. I’m sure there will be so much we’ll all be able to learn from each other. So I urge every single one of you to send an email my way…if you’ve already completed a wardrobe project of some sort, then you’re ready to go, and if not, then you have 2.5 weeks to jump on the bandwagon and participate in this opportunity to share!
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE! As a little incentive, I’m going to randomly choose one participant to gift a $25.00 gift card to GAP, which is probably my top favorite place to wardrobe shop currently. 🙂 Again, all you have to do to be entered to win is send me an email including text and/or photos about your wardrobe and any changes you’ve made recently.
The more submissions received, the more interesting the final post will be. I can’t wait to see and hear about what you all have been working on! Thanks in advance for being willing to participate in this little venture of mine. I can’t wait to hear from you!