Have you been hearing the rave reviews about this styling service called Stitchfix? I’ve been noticing their ads popping up everywhere, and a few were from trusted sources. So since I really don’t enjoy shopping very much at all, unless it’s online, I decided to give it a try! (Visit their website to learn more about how it works.)
My first “Fix” arrived this week, and today I’m going to host a little Show & Tell. Maybe this will help you decide whether or not you want to try it yourself!
If you’ve been paying attention to my capsule wardrobe posts, you probably have somewhat of a feel for my style, so you could probably look at the style profile form and make pretty educated guesses on what I told my stylist.
Here’s what she sent me:
Here’s my opinion of her choices for me:
- The bag is super cool, but I’m not a huge bag person to begin with, and that much of a color (it’s more purple than what’s shown) is juuuuust too much of a stretch for me. I’m afraid I wouldn’t use it often enough to justify paying the price.
- I like the hoodie. The crochet detail on the back (it’s the back side that’s pictured; the front is just plain) initially seemed a little too girly for me, but I think it’s growing on me. I might keep it.
- I already own a great pair of black skinny jeans, so although these did fit me really well, I don’t really have a need or use for them.
- The jacket is okay, but very similar to one I already own, that I bought at GAP last year (and I like mine better).
- I can’t decide how I feel about the striped top. I like how it fits — fitted at the top, loose towards the middle/bottom — but I’m not sure if I’m feeling the stripes. What do you think? The fabric is super thin as well, not so cozy for fall…
I need to “check out” online by Sunday, and right now I’m leaning towards probably keeping the hoodie and maaaaaaybe the top. If you have any opinions, do tell. I could definitely use some help deciding!
If I decide to send everything back, I’ll have to pay $20 for the styling fee. If I purchase at least one piece, the $20 will go towards whatever I buy. If I was keeping everything, I’d get a 25% discount on it all!
I love how easy the process is and how much fun it is to get a box full of surprises in the mail. I’m excited to give it another try, maybe closer to October when I’ll actually be starting my fall wardrobe. They say the Fixes get better and better as your stylist gets to know you!
Want to give it a try? If you use my link right here to sign up, I’ll get credit for referring you! 🙂 You don’t pay a cent for the shipping, either way! I can’t wait to hear what you think!