We’re back from a weekend of camping with family! (Friday’s post was a list of our camping essentials, if you missed it.)
We have a little recipe that’s basically become a tradition for us when we go camping (I say we — but really that just means Caleb makes it & I eat it). These things really should have a name, and maybe they do wherever they originated, but I’m not sure of the origin or the moniker. All I know is that my husband introduced me to these things long ago and now I pretty much “have to” have one anytime we’re cooking over an open fire.
The lack of title really does pose a problem, and you’d think that by now I’d have come up with a witty one, but no, they’re merely Delicious Things and for our purposes, that suffices. (Read, puppy dog eyes + a whispered “delicious things,” and my Mr. Beard will have one in the works.) If you pin this, and come up with a catchy description for them, please, by all means, do tell!
So, here’s the down-low:
- Spread peanut butter on one half and Nutella on the other half of a tortilla.
- Top with a row of banana slices and marshmallows.
- Roll up (no need to close the ends) and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Toss into the fire or over hot coals for 10-15 minutes (depending on how hot the fire is).
- Upon retrieving from fire…revel in the warm, gooey taste & texture of what I think is The Very Best Part of Camping.
Mmmmmmmm….take me back.
Now it’s your turn…tell me about your favorite camping dish!